Wednesday 22 May 2013

Dyscalculia and Maths Learning Difficulties Conference

I am aware that I have not posted anything on this blog for a whole month. I think I must have been stunned into silence by Michael Gove's determination to alienate most of the teaching profession and to disregard the majority of the feedback he has been getting on his proposals for a new national curriculum. You would have thought he would know that the first rule for bringing about successful change in a professional context is to enable those who have to implement the changes to feel that they have ownership of what is proposed.

Anyway, I have been preparing my contributions as a Keynote Speaker at the Dyscalculia and Maths Learning Difficulties Conference being organised by Learning Works in London on 27 June. I have presentations on children's errors in mathematics and mathematics anxiety to give. Click on the link below for all the details. This looks likely to be an interesting conference. It is already fully booked, but there is a waiting list.


LW Conference Dyscalculia and Learning Difficulties

No comments:

Post a Comment